So here are some of my favorite Christmas books ( and actually I favor a lot, so I may think about revisiting this topic come November-December, maybe 25 book reviews or something for the holiday season):
- My Penguin Osbert by Elizabeth Kimmel- Santa finally give a young boy the right present, but the boy soon learns that asking for a pet penguin might not have been a good idea after all.
- Christmas Lights by Ann Fearrington- A family takes a nighttime ride to see displays of light on Christmas Eve.
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg- A boy takes a magical train ride to the North Pole to get a special gift from Santa. A Christmas classic.
- The Lump of Coal by Lemony Snicket- A hilarious tale from the writer of Series of Unfortunate Events about a piece of coal that dreams of being an artist.
- I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas by John Rox- An illustrated version of the popular 1950's Christmas song about a child who wants a hippopotamus for Christmas.
- Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer- Join Olivia the Pig as she and her family get ready for Christmas ( and hopefully not hurt Santa in the process.)
- Santa Duck by David Milgrim- When Nicholas Duck find a Santa hat and coat, all the other animals mistake him for Mr. Claus ( Note- There is sequel called Santa Duck and his Merry Helpers, also by David Milgrim.)
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney- Sometimes the holidays can be a too much, as Llama Llama discovers until Mama reminds of what the holiday truly brings.
Just a reminder....
This is the last week of summer reading. Saturday, July 30th is the last day to turn in books for prizes. Please return all books to the main Circulation desk in August. Thank you to all who took part this year.
Happy Summer! Keep Reading!!