Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review-Tony Baloney-Pam Munoz Ryan




Poor Tony Baloney! The middle child ( and only boy) of a macaroni penguin family, he has a big bossy sister and twin sisters that get into everything. One day, he's tires of pretending to be the  Big Sister's cat and becomes very exasperated ( yes this big word is this book) by the baby sisters that he acts out. Can a time-out eventually lead to an apology and him being  the " Boss of the World"? Can Parmesan cheese and fish tacos make everything better?

The illustrations are bright and vibrant, and I think this would a great book for practicing the Every Child Ready to Read skill of vocab  because it introduces words one might not normally find in preschool picture books, like "exasperated" and " Parmesan cheese".  It also has a very cute ending.

Tony Baloney-Pam Munoz Ryan
Age Range: 3 and up
Lexile: 880
***** ( 5 stars)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I wanted to say that I read this book to a few grades for our Summer Reading Program promotion and the kids loved it. Most of them were not nuts about fish tacos ( I don't blame them, fish tacos do not sound appealing) and most of them wondered why Tony went to hide in a box ( which I explained and then asked if any of them had a spot that they went when they wanted to be away from others).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.