Every fall, folks grow very big pumpkins to win big blue ribbons at the fair. But how big could your pumpkin grow? Big enough to use as a boat? Or tall like a lighthouse on the beach? Perhaps big enough to hide behind the Capitol building of D.C? Use your imagination and think BIG.
I love Wendall Minor's books ( especially Pumpkin Heads). I love the use of orange to emphasize the pumpkins and the many synonyms for big ( like " immense" and "jumbo.) I also love all the landmarks featured to show off the "monster" pumpkins ( and the description of each landmark at the end.) A perfect book to use during the fall season.
How Big Could Your Pumpkin Grow? by Wendall Minor
Age Range: All Ages
***** ( 5 Stars)
For information on Wendall Minor, visit his website.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.