Back in June, I started a few reviews of lullaby CDs the library has to offer. For this final entry, I decided to list a few CDs with traditional lullabies, along with a list of instrumental CDs ( some in children's, some in the regular AV section, along with what kind of music is featured) I'm also listening a few keywords for searching our catalog for these and other CDs.
Again, anything in bold is regular AV.
Traditional lullaby songs:
- Quiet Time-Raffi
- Lullaby-Jewel
- Deliah presents Heartwarming Songs of a Parent's Love-Various Artists
- Barney's Sleepytime Songs-Barney
- Wee Sing for Baby ( Note-This CD comes with a song book.)
- Lullaby Themes for Sleepy Dreams- Susie Tallman
Instrumental Music
- Baby Einstein series ( Classical music, music-box style)
- Kids Classic series ( Classical music, piano)
- Sleep Well ( New age, relaxation)
- Natural Sleep Inducement (New Age, relaxation, nature sounds)
- Rockabye Baby series( Pop/rock music, music-box style)
- Love Songs and Lullabies-Jim Brickman ( Piano music, some vocal)
- Wish Upon a Star:a tribute to the music of Walt Disney-Jenny Oaks Baker ( Disney music, classical style featuring violin)
Keywords to for searching:
-Children's songs-Juvenile sound recording
-Lullabies-Juvenile sound recording
-Lullabies
-New Age music
-Music for relaxation-Sound recording
-Piano music
-Classical music, arranged
-Instrumental music-Juvenile sound recording
Keep the tunes going, enjoy the golden slumbers.
For those curious about my star rating, 5 ( for the most part anyway because I DID fall asleep!)
ReplyDelete