Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Storytime for 2 and 3-yr old: Fall in the Forest

Yesterday was the second 2 and 3 yr old of the fall. It was a fall trip to the forest. I had about 13 participants. I read two stories ( Every Autumn Comes the Bear by Jim Arnosky and Over in the Forest by Marianne Berkes). We also had an early visit from the Five Little Pumpkins and did a craft featuring  bear coloring sheet and die cut leaves ( and this was to tie back to  the Every Autumn Comes the Bear  book).

Here is one of  the songs that we did -


Owl in the Tree
Owl in the Tree goes Who, Who, Who
Owl in the Tree goes Who, Who, Who
Owl in the Tree goes Who, Who, Who
Owl says Who are You?

( This is usually done with an owl puppet. From past experience, some kids may by shy in greeting the owl, other will hug him, which the owl will say " Thank you, but I have to see the other boys and girls now. Bye)

One  cute  thing I felt like sharing as craft time was winding down , I had a grandma and a visiting granddaughter, and the grandma asked the child if she was going to put the picture on the refrigerator. The child said " Yes, I'm going to put in on the fridge-o-later" :)

The next Storytime for 2 and 3-yr olds will be Monday, October 15 at 10 am.  We will be celebrating Halloween a few weeks early.

See you soon!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.