Monday, March 18, 2013

Storytime for 2 and 3 Year Olds: A Very Lucky Easter!

Hello, hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day yesterday.

Well, the leprechauns decided to stick around for today's two and three story time, so we had a very lucky Easter. The children heard three stories today ( The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever! by Teddy Slater, Chester's Colorful Easter Eggs by Theresa Smythe, and Easter Hop by Jacqueline East.) Once again, we shook some eggs to " I Know a Chicken" by Laurie Berkner, practice our colors with the Color Birds, and made a St. Patty-inspired Easter egg mosaic.

Here are some of the songs we did:



Bunny Pokey added 3-18-01 Original Author Unknown
Sung to: "Hokey Pokey"

You put your bunny ears in
(Place hands on head to make ears)
You put your bunny ears out.
You put your bunny ears in.
And you shake them all about.
You do the Bunny Pokey
And hop yourself around,
That's what it's all about!

Additional verses: "You put your bunny nose in, You put your bunny tail in, You put your bunny paws in"






I'm a little Daisy added 3-15-02 Original Author Unknown

Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"

I'm a little daisy
Tall and slim (Stand on tiptoes)
Here are my petals (Place hands on side of head & wiggle fingers)
Here is my stem (Hold arms down at sides of legs)
When the sun comes up (Make sun with arms)
And the rain comes down (Flutter hands to floor like rain-end in crouching position)
I grow, grow, grow- up from the ground! (slowly raise up bring hand over head)





Our next Storytime for 2 and 3 year olds in April 1 and 15 at 10 am in the NEW Children's Programming room.

Happy Easter and see you soon! 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.