Here are some of the songs we did today:
This Little Leprechaun added 8-7-97 Original Author Unknown
This little leprechaun slid
down the rainbow, (Point to thumb.)This little leprechaun stayed home. (Point to index finger.)
This little leprechaun picked a shamrock, (Point to middle finger.)
This little leprechaun found some gold. (Point to ring finger.)
This little leprechaun cried, "See if you can catch me," (Point to little finger.)
As he ran home. (Wiggle little finger.)
Go
On A Leprechaun Hunt added 3-9-98
Original Author Unknown
(an adaptation of the Bear
Hunt)Ask the children to listen closely and follow the directions. Instruct
them to clap the rhythm or slap their knees as you tell the story.
Going on a leprechaun hunt. I'm not afraid.
Let's go! Oh. look! I see a grassy field.
Can't go around it. Can't go under it. Can't go over it. Let's go through it.
Let's go! Swish, swish, swish, swish.
Oh, look! I see a giant tree.
Can't go over it. Can't go under it. Can't go through it. Let's climb it.
Let's go! Climb, climb, climb.
Oh, look! I see a river.
Can't go over it. Can't go around it. Can't go under it. Let's Swim it.
Let's go. Swim, swim, swim.
Oh, look! I see a dark cave.
Can't go around it. Can't go under it. Can't go over it. Let's tiptoe into it.
Let's go. Tippy, tippy, toe.
It's really dark in here. Better turn on my flashlight.
Oh, no. I see something!
It's mean! It's green! It's a leprechaun! Let's go!
Run! Run! Swim! Swim! Climb! Climb! Swish! Swish!
Whew...safe at home again.
Our next storytimes are (all at 10am) :
Monday, April 6
Monday, April 20
Monday, May 4
Happy St. Patrick's Day. See You Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.