Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving... and a gift to my readers

Hi boys and girls. I know it's early but just felt like wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and keep reading!


glitter-graphics.com

I also felt like posting a little treat to all my readers ( besides the dancing turkey).

So five years when I first got hired by the library, I did a holiday Mother Goose on the Loose program. But the next year, I did the holiday program for the preschoolers. One book that I did for the kids  is an illustrated version of the John Rox song, " I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas."  ( Note- When Santa came in to visit the kids that day, one little girl asked for a Christmas hippo.) I still do the book for the 2 and 3 yr-old holiday program ( like this year, coming up Monday, Dec. 3 at 10 am) and do  a Christmas hippo ornament, which uses the child's name tag as the base ( because what else can they use the name tag for after Fall/Winter 2 and 3 program is over?)


Here is a lovely video featuring the original recording, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.