Today our 14 participants ( 7 kids, 6 parents, one baby) went on a imaginary trip to the farm for the final weeks of harvest season. I read Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm by Joy Cowly and Harvest Song by Frank Fiorello and we made a farm-related craft ( Mrs. Wishy-Washy's cow, which consisted of a cow coloring page, a tub from brown construction paper, and fluff for "Bubbles". We also learned about shapes, went Looby-loo, and did some songs with scarves.
Here are two of the songs we did with scarves ( Note- This comes from our infant program, Mother Goose on the Loose):
Wind O Wind ( wave scarf over your head, gracefully)
O Wind o Wind o Wind I say,
What are you blowing away today?
Scarves o Scarves o Scarves I say
I am blowing the scarves away.
Peekaboo (Shake out scarf, have in full form)
Peekaboo, Peekaboo
I see hiding there.
Peekaboo, Peekaboo
I seeing hiding there.
( We also did a song called "The Washing Song" which goes to the tune of " This is the Way" and has the kids "wash" different parts of their body.)
Our next program for 2 and 3's is Monday, November 19th at 10 am. We'll be getting ready for Thanksgiving.
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.