Monday, June 17, 2013

Storytime for 2 and 3 yr olds-Funny Bunnies

For today's 2 and 3 yr old story time, some funny bunnies came to the garden. We heard two stories ( You're Finally Here by Melanie Watt and When the World is Ready for Bed by Gillian Shields) and made a Funny Bunny paper bag puppet. We also did a few bunny activities, like the Bunny Pokey ( which is the Hokey Pokey, but with bunny actions).

Here are some of the songs we did today-



I’m a Little Tiny Bunny
Adapted by Sarah Northshield
(Sung to the tune of “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad”)
I’m a little tiny bunny (Form a fist and raise fore and middle fingers for bunny ears)
Digging underground (Imitate motion of dig­ging)
I’m a little tiny bunny
And I hardly make a sound (Pause and Shh!)

I’m so soft and cute and little (Pet “bunny” with other hand)
Digging like a mole (Imitate motion of digging)
Watch me scamper, scoot, and skittle and
Pop out of my hole! (Imitate motion of bunny jumping, or lift infant into the air)


Bunny Pokey added 3-18-01 Original Author Unknown
Sung to: "Hokey Pokey"

You put your bunny ears in
(Place hands on head to make ears)
You put your bunny ears out.
You put your bunny ears in.
And you shake them all about.
You do the Bunny Pokey
And hop yourself around,
That's what it's all about!

Additional verses: "You put your bunny nose in, You put your bunny tail in, You put your bunny paws in"


 

Our next Stortytimes for 2 and 3 yr olds will be:( Please register at Library Events  .)
Monday, July 1 at 10 and 11:30 am-Big Truck Fun!!
Monday, July 15 at 10 and 11:30 am-Dino Stomp!

This Wednesday at noon, we will be showing  Gnomeo and Juliet. Patrons can bring a lunch or snack. No red or dark colored drinks! It is open to all ages (children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older) Please register at Library Events  .

See You Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.