glitter-graphics.com
For our last storytime for spring, we celebrate mom ( who are "wow"!) The children heard three stories ( Mama's Day by Linda Ashman, ABC I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson, and Time for a Hug by Phillis Gershator and Mimi Green) and made a teacup thank you card. They also sang about the moon, counting some daffodils and played with scarves.
Here are some of the songs we did today:
Daffodils Fingerplay added 3-23-00 Original Author Unknown
(Show fingers or make daffodil puppets from cupcake liners and craft sticks!)
One little daffodil had nothing much to do,
Out popped another one, then there were two.
Two little daffodils growing by a tree,
Out popped another one, then there were three.
Three little daffodils were growing by the door,
Out popped another one, then there were four.
Four little daffodils were glad to be alive,
Out popped another one, then there were five.
Five little daffodils were wearing golden crowns,
They danced in the breeze in green satin gowns.
Wind O Wind ( wave scarf over your head, gracefully)
O Wind o Wind o Wind I say,
What are you blowing away today?
Scarves o Scarves o Scarves I say
I am blowing the scarves away.
Peekaboo (Shake out scarf, have in full form)
Peekaboo, Peekaboo
I see hiding there.
Peekaboo, Peekaboo
I seeing hiding there.
Here is the poem the kids used for their card ( which consists of a teacup and a tea bag to place in the "cup")
“A
cup of tea to say thank you,
For everything you have done.
Enjoy, relax, and have a day
Of happiness and fun”
For everything you have done.
Enjoy, relax, and have a day
Of happiness and fun”
( Note- This is the page where I got my idea and the poem- http://www.pre-kpages.com/mothers/)
Our Summer Session of Storytime for 2 and 3 yr olds starts in June. We'll have our normal 10 am program June 2, and on June 16, we'll have a session at 10 am and also 11:30 am ( because it will be part of our Summer Reading Program, Fizz Boom Read!! )
See You Soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.