Monday, June 16, 2014

Storytime for 2 and 3 yr olds: What's the Weather?

A big shout out to all that attended our Summer Reading Kickoff last Thursday. It was lots of fun and there is more fun to come.

Today's 2 and 3 yr old session (which was  at 10 am and repeated at  11:30 am) was all about the weather. The children heard three stories ( The Rainy Day by Felicia Law, Sam's Opposites by Yves Gott, and Totally Polar by Marty Crisp). We also rang bells and made a tropical snowman.

Here are some of the songs we did  at today's program:

I See The Wind Fingerplay added 8-7-97 Original Author Unknown
I see the wind when the leaves dance by,
(Dance hands around)
I see the wind when the Clothes wave "Hi!"
(Wave hand)
I see the wind when the trees bend low,
(Bend arms over and down)
I see the wind when the flags all blow.
(wave arms high)

I see the wind when it blows my hair,
(lift hair with hands.)
I see the wind 'most everywhere!
(Hold hands out, palms up.)



Snowflakes, Snowflakes added 8-7-97 Original Author Unknown 
Sung to: "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear"
Snowflakes, Snowflakes
Dance around
Snowflakes, Snowflakes
Touch the ground
Snowflakes, Snowflakes
In the Air
Snowflake, Snowflakes
Everywhere.



This Wednesday at noon, we'll be showing Smurfs 2. Registration is required,No dark or red-colored drinks and children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult 18 yrs or older.  It is open to all ages.

Our next 2 and 3 yr session is July 7 at 10am and 11:30 am.  We'll be exploring outer space.

See You Soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.